Historic Festival at Lime Rock Race Track in Connecticut on Labor Da

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

Charles Gould

Historic Festival at Lime Rock Race Track in Connecticut on Labor Da

Post by Charles Gould »

The Historical Festival at Lime Rock Park and Race Track on labor Day weekend is one out our favorite car events of the year!Nancy, Monique, Tiana and I have been attending this event for over twenty five years, and we try to never miss it if at all possible. We usually rent a venders space in the paddocks and bring our vintage motorhome, so that we can stay onsite all weekend long, and that way, we never miss any of the action. Our campsite is often party central where all of our friends and acquaintances stop by for barbecues, cocktails, motorsports, or frozen margaritas.The Lime Rock Racetrack is one of my all time favorite race tracks and venues, and has a beautiful lush green lawn spectator area as opposed to hard aluminum bleachers. It is a really beautiful track for racing or for spectating, and the vintage festival on Labor Day weekend is the best of all of their events. They also have a cool flea market with lots of interesting motorsport and car relating things for sale at great prices.You can see some of the most amazing vintage race cars and show cars in a weekend jam packed with all sorts of wonderful practice sessions, qualifying sessions, actual racing and the spectacular car show on Sunday (as racing is not permitted on Sunday in the lush green countryside of Lime Rock Connecticut). This is an event not to be missed.The area is also packed with wonderful hotels, motels and B&B s as well as some of the finest restaurants in the area, and the roads to get to the track (and surrounding the track) are to die for, if you are bringing an interesting car or motorcycle.This year, the organizers have reached out to me to try to persuade more microcar owners to attend the event, and to participate in the car show on Sunday, displaying their microcars in the "Sunday at the Park car show during which all of the show cars are arranged on the actual race track so that spectators can walk the entire length of the track to view all of the show cars!Although you are welcome to attend the car show on Sunday, I would encourage you to be sure not to miss all of the qualifying and racing excitement that occurs on Friday, Saturday and Monday as well. It is truly amazing to watch such a huge assortment of really significant vintage race cars chasing each other around the track, and the majority of the racing is quite aggressive and not just parade laps. If you purchase a day or weekend pit pass, you are also able to gain unlimited access to the racing pits and to view all of the racing cars and their pit crews in all their glory.You can get all of the details and register for this year s event here:
http://limerock.com/labor-day-historics
If you are interested in participating in this years event, please contact me at chasgould@... and I can provide additional details and suggestions as to where to stay or dine in the area, and I may be able to get you favorable perks or discounts for admission.If you do register directly at the Lime Rock Race Track facility, please tell them that Charles Gould referred you to this event.Let s try to bring a great turnout of microcars to the event this year, now that they are finally recognizing the importance and significance of our unusual cars.Hope to see all of you there in five weeks!Charles, Nancy, Monique & Tiana GouldPS: Please share this post as far and as wide as you can. Thank you.
Matchbox Motors Microcar, Minicar & Motorcycle Museumc/o Charles Gould
163 Country Club Road
Newton, Massachusetts 02459
USA
Telephone: (617) 965-4848
Cell: (617) 721-9400
chasgould@...