Re: Looking for Pilot screw, have spare hood

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

jamesgayaldo

Post by jamesgayaldo »

It's for an N, sorry.
jamesgayaldo

Post by jamesgayaldo »

Still on the goose chase, and am posting to see if anyone can help and future reference for anyone with the same problem.

I've called Honda and found that though the pilot screw part number in the manual is 16161-551-014, it was sold in of screws (part number 16016-581-004), neither of which are available through any official channels, and I haven't found any used ones either.

The GL1000 pilot screw does not quite fit, unfortunately, but I am thinking of re-threading the carb to fit it if I can confirm its dimensions are otherwise correct. Is anyone willing to take out their pilot screw and send me its specifications to see if I can match a replacement that way? (it's the late model carb that has the pilot screw enter the carb at a 45-degree angle pointing down)
jamesgayaldo

Post by jamesgayaldo »

just realized it would also make more sense if someone could identify what the proper threading for the pilot screw is and then I can re-thread the GL1000 pilot screw I have to fit (if it's the right length which I seems to be) rather than mess with the carburetor itself. 
dusty path

Post by dusty path »

have u try ebay ??  or 600miles 
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 4:09:28 PM MST, jamesevansgayaldo@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

just realized it would also make more sense if someone could identify what the proper threading for the pilot screw is and then I can re-thread the GL1000 pilot screw I have to fit (if it's the right length which I seems to be) rather than mess with the carburetor itself.  #ygrps-yiv-708088361
rstevens19

Post by rstevens19 »

Attachments :
  1. DSCN3016-16404.JPG
Hope this helps,   -RS   From: jamesevansgayaldo@... [2cylinderhondas] Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 6:09 PM To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com Subject: [2cylinderhondas] Re: Looking for Pilot screw, have spare hood    
just realized it would also make more sense if someone could identify what the proper threading for the pilot screw is and then I can re-thread the GL1000 pilot screw I have to fit (if it's the right length which I seems to be) rather than mess with the carburetor itself.
Image Virus-free. www.avast.com
jamesgayaldo

Post by jamesgayaldo »

Thanks mate! You're a boss.
feltonminicycle

Post by feltonminicycle »

There's a plastic cap that sets on top of the mixture screw that prevents the screw from falling out on the highway. I have 30 of those carbs and just sold a spring cap and screw to another such unlucky fellow for I think $10. The N600 718A & B carbs should have all the same thread pitches as the 1975 etc GL1000 carb bodies, they look pretty much the same except for the accel pump.  I have my carb screw collection on a nearby property and could compare soon. 
Miles
www.600miles.com
art Remai

Post by art Remai »

Worth using blue loctite?

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 13, 2019, at 10:22 AM, z600miles@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

There's a plastic cap that sets on top of the mixture screw that prevents the screw from falling out on the highway. I have 30 of those carbs and just sold a spring cap and screw to another such unlucky fellow for I think $10. The N600 718A & B carbs should have all the same thread pitches as the 1975 etc GL1000 carb bodies, they look pretty much the same except for the accel pump.  I have my carb screw collection on a nearby property and could compare soon. 
Miles
www.600miles.com
dusty path

Post by dusty path »

the  spring and the  o ring should hold it   I  have never had  one fall out  its only  like  2 turns out from stop  but  if your carb is little loose a little blue will not hur anything as long as its not on the  tip  of needle  ,,  pull  your spring out  or make it bigger  so holds  better  the  spring and o ring is what keeps it from coming out 
On Sunday, January 13, 2019, 12:46:00 PM MST, art Remai artremai@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Worth using blue loctite?

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 13, 2019, at 10:22 AM, z600miles@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Miles
www.600miles.com

#ygrps-yiv-1312940798