Re: What adhesive should I use for a door seal?

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

Chuck Dean

What adhesive should I use for a door seal?

Post by Chuck Dean »

Hello everyone,
This question is actually about my Vespa 400. I need to glue the door seal to the door. I know rubber. Contact cement would work, but what do you think of Liquid Nails?I want a little wiggle room that contact cement will not give me.
Or, do you know of another adhesive that would work better?Thanks,  

Chuck  (mobile)Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
Our 1961 Vespa 400
art Remai

Post by art Remai »

Try versachem clear 100% silicon 
I am sure once fully cured it should seal nice, or OEM Honda Bond gray.

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 23, 2019, at 1:59 PM, Chuck Dean cadean329@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Hello everyone,
This question is actually about my Vespa 400. I need to glue the door seal to the door. I know rubber. Contact cement would work, but what do you think of Liquid Nails?I want a little wiggle room that contact cement will not give me.
Or, do you know of another adhesive that would work better?Thanks,  

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
Our 1961 Vespa 400
Miles Chappell

Post by Miles Chappell »

The standard answer is 3M Door Seal adhesive, it comes in yellow or black, but it is very much like contact cement.   You are in Santa Cruz right? Action Auto Glass, the guy, Jason, in the semi quonset hut bldg on Soquel might have a suggestion for you. He made the new glass for my '40 Nash & my '55 Powell 831-479-3366.   Miles
Chuck Dean

Post by Chuck Dean »

Thanks, but I am actually in Tempe, AZ.I am going with the 3M weatherstrip adhesive Bill suggested. It smells like robber contact cement so I'll just have to be careful and do a good job.  

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
Our 1961 Vespa 400
On Aug 25, 2019, at 11:27 PM, 'Miles Chappell' z600miles@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

The standard answer is 3M Door Seal adhesive, it comes in yellow or black, but it is very much like contact cement.   You are in Santa Cruz right? Action Auto Glass, the guy, Jason, in the semi quonset hut bldg on Soquel might have a suggestion for you. He made the new glass for my '40 Nash & my '55 Powell 831-479-3366.   Miles