RE: [2cylinderhondas] Hi performance cam bearing mod for 600's plus

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

Bill

RE: [2cylinderhondas] Hi performance cam bearing mod for 600's plus

Post by Bill »

And the cam chain chewing at the metal rollers will not cause damage to the other internal roller bearings and bearing cages?  Have you done tests?     From: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com [mailto: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com ]
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2019 7:35 PM
To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [2cylinderhondas] Hi performance cam bearing mod for 600’s plus other mods.    
I need to know how many of you are interested in upgrading your engine to have either roller bearings or oil-lite bearings on the camshaft. Roller bearings are slightly better, but the oil-lite bearings are slightly cheaper. There will probably not be any perceptible performance difference in the 2

Both will give you a couple extra horsepower, both will lower top end running temps.
Cost will be $300 for roller beating mods, $285 for oil-lite bearings

Will need your camholders and camshaft as either cores or to be used. Or I can supply either..
As this is not a real common modification, allow 3 to 4 weeks from point I start.

The cam bearing modification is a proven mod in the Honda motorcycle world. ,

I am also about to make the 2 cam-chain tensioner rollers from metal instead of rubber and these will have a ball bearing in center. Price is not yet determined, but won’t be out of reach.

Thanks, and respond to me here or at tgm_enterprizes@...

Richard Morris