Re: My 1972 n 600 turns on by won't stay

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

Miles Chappell

Post by Miles Chappell »

I sent Ellias off group, March 11, a long list of things to check when he first posted and where to download the manuals for free.   My suggestions then: First check points gap, set to .015". Make sure you have a good ORing on the carb solenoid. Make sure idle jet in carb is clean. Make sure no vacuum leaks at brake booster or carb manifold. Adjust carb mixture screw 2 turns out. Make sure it's running on 2 cylinders. Float level is too low, make sure bowl is 3/4 full - difficult to do but if careful you can remove the bowl with carb level.   After you do all those things call me if you still need help.   Miles   831-588-6349
Ellias Nassif

Post by Ellias Nassif »

Now we are back to the electrical system the  battery won t charge and I will get to it tomorrow I have all the replacement parts except a new stator. I hope it s one of the components. The didn t have the original regulator on it I think the guy before me bought it from that 600 store That every one says not to buy from....

Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 13, 2018, at 10:04 AM, 'Miles Chappell' z600miles@... [anzhonda600owners] wrote:

I sent Ellias off group, March 11, a long list of things to check when he first posted and where to download the manuals for free.   My suggestions then: First check points gap, set to .015". Make sure you have a good ORing on the carb solenoid. Make sure idle jet in carb is clean. Make sure no vacuum leaks at brake booster or carb manifold. Adjust carb mixture screw 2 turns out. Make sure it's running on 2 cylinders. Float level is too low, make sure bowl is 3/4 full - difficult to do but if careful you can remove the bowl with carb level.   After you do all those things call me if you still need help.   Miles   831-588-6349
heedo

Post by heedo »

Did u check the rectifier?..could be that

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "Ellias Nassif elliasnassif@... [anzhonda600owners]"
Date: 3/13/18 7:44 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [anzhonda600owners] My 1972 n 600 turns on by won't stay

Now we are back to the electrical system the  battery won t charge and I will get to it tomorrow I have all the replacement parts except a new stator. I hope it s one of the components. The didn t have the original regulator on it I think the guy before me bought it from that 600 store That every one says not to buy from....

Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 13, 2018, at 10:04 AM, 'Miles Chappell' z600miles@... [anzhonda600owners] wrote:

Bill Cockayne

Post by Bill Cockayne »

Could you please inform me which store everyone has problems with? I need to buy thousands of dollars worth of items for my Z600 and do not want to get boned. Thanks.   From: anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:44 PM To: anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [anzhonda600owners] My 1972 n 600 turns on by won't stay     Now we are back to the electrical system the  battery won t charge and I will get to it tomorrow I have all the replacement parts except a new stator. I hope it s one of the components. The didn t have the original regulator on it I think the guy before me bought it from that 600 store That every one says not to buy from....

Sent from my iPhone