Want a new carburetor

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

zinc2u

Want a new carburetor

Post by zinc2u »

Hi Ave,       Are you sure you need a new carb?   If you have the older carb found on the 1970-1971 sedans which had the diaphragm under the top cap,  that would be one to change.  The newer style which was found on all the US Z600 coupes and later model sedans did not have very much that would go wrong with it which could not be solved by a cleaning.  The parts which might need replacement appear to be available from this vendor.  If you have the late model carb,  I would suggest you rebuild it.  If you don't know how to do this,  buy the late model carb kit (CK-2) and take it to a professional mechanic for cleaning and setup.  The information of carb setup can be found at this site in the coupe shop manual.  If you have a late model carb,  I suspect it only needs a deep cleaning.         Finally,  what is wrong with you current carb?  Does it idle ok?   Does it have hesitation during acceleration?  Getting poor gas mileage?   Leaking fuel?  It is possible the fix is simple.  And it is possible the problem is not the carb but a problem at the intake manifold.     good luck, Dale :

So I need a new carb, what are my choices?
Thank you, ave