Re: Oil Pull Lever Checker?

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

celticcase

Oil Pull Lever Checker?

Post by celticcase »

Attachments :
  1. MR-BOB - WIN_20150723_163733.JPG
  1. MR-BOB - WIN_20150723_163710 - Copy.JPG
Does anyone know what this is or where it goes to. It's a weird pull know that is located next to the sifter in front of the passenger seat area. You can pull on the knob and it has a green shaft, then not 2 seconds later there is a red cylinder surrounding the green shaft that pulls out after covering the green. It has a rubber hose that attaches to it in the back that leads to the engine compartment where it breaks off in the engine compartment. I don't seem to see another area where the same hose leads. My guess is that it's an oil level checking device. but I can find anything on the matter. 

Thanks for your input,
CJ Kelly
Ngim Meng Keat

Post by Ngim Meng Keat »

This is the choke.. gets the petrol up the carb when u start the car..
Bill

Re: Oil Pull Lever Checker? [2 Attachments]

Post by Bill »

Not the choke, looks more like a lighter, but from what you said, it has to be some after market gizmo not Honda related.   Bill
From: anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:51 PM
To: anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [anzhonda600owners] Oil Pull Lever Checker? [2 Attachments]

Does anyone know what this is or where it goes to. It's a weird pull know that is located next to the sifter in front of the passenger seat area. You can pull on the knob and it has a green shaft, then not 2 seconds later there is a red cylinder surrounding the green shaft that pulls out after covering the green. It has a rubber hose that attaches to it in the back that leads to the engine compartment where it breaks off in the engine compartment. I don't seem to see another area where the same hose leads. My guess is that it's an oil level checking device. but I can find anything on the matter. 

Thanks for your input,
CJ Kelly
Ngim Meng Keat

Post by Ngim Meng Keat »

Bill is always the best knowlahable one.. I may be wrong.. please don't take my comment so serious.. :)
On 29 Oct 2015 2:29 pm, "'Bill' billmyong@... [anzhonda600owners]" wrote:

Not the choke, looks more like a lighter, but from what you said, it has to be some after market gizmo not Honda related. Bill
From: anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:anzhonda600owners@yahoogroups.com]

Thanks for your input,
CJ Kelly

Bill

Post by Bill »

Questions are good, and there are additions and deletions to all cars.  This could be a dealer option to something we may never know.  But, thanks for bringing it to the Group as someone may really know.   Bill
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:32 PM
Subject: RE: [anzhonda600owners] Oil Pull Lever Checker?

Bill is always the best knowlahable one.. I may be wrong.. please don't take my comment so serious.. :) On 29 Oct 2015 2:29 pm, "'Bill' billmyong@... [anzhonda600owners]" wrote:

Not the choke, looks more like a lighter, but from what you said, it has to be some after market gizmo not Honda related.   Bill

Thanks for your input,
CJ Kelly

Steven Michelsen

Post by Steven Michelsen »

This is a test “away” message!  Steve
celticcase

Post by celticcase »

Thanks all for the input. I figured it could be an aftermarket or dealer add on; I just was currious if anyone knew for sure. It doesn't see to affect anything so I'm not too worried about it. 
CJ Kelly
Bruce Dewing

Post by Bruce Dewing »

Is there a rod or cable attached to the back of the knob? Could this be the heater door control?IIRC, the early cars (Pre USA) used this. 

Bruce D.Grass Valley, CA

On Monday, November 2, 2015 11:25 AM, "celticcase@... [anzhonda600owners]" wrote:

Thanks all for the input. I figured it could be an aftermarket or dealer add on; I just was currious if anyone knew for sure. It doesn't see to affect anything so I'm not too worried about it. 
CJ Kelly #ygrps-yiv-1774939208