Re: feedback on parts webpage

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

THOMAS J ALLEN

feedback on parts webpage

Post by THOMAS J ALLEN »

Can anyone give me feedback on http://www.honda600carparts.com/ ? I need several parts and this site has a lot of what I need but I am uncertain re: quality and durabilityThanksTom Allen, Ft Collins CO
Chuck Dean

Post by Chuck Dean »

Hello Tom,In June 2016 I bought brake shoes and wheel cylinders from this site. Everything works well although I had to alter the wheel cylinders a little to get them to fit.
I tried to order more parts in the winter of '16 but got no response. PayPal refunded my money. Others had the same problem. I heard this was due to an illness, as this is a one person operation, and is supposed to be up and running again.The new website is something recent, so I would give it a try. Use PayPal... You can always get a refund.Hope this helps, 

Chuck  (mobile)Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
Our 1961 Vespa 400
On May 7, 2019, at 8:14 PM, THOMAS J ALLEN tjmallen@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Can anyone give me feedback on http://www.honda600carparts.com/ ? I need several parts and this site has a lot of what I need but I am uncertain re: quality and durabilityThanksTom Allen, Ft Collins CO
Rick McClure

Post by Rick McClure »

I feel the same way.  I had the same story. Rick

Sent from my iPhone
On May 7, 2019, at 10:49 PM, Chuck Dean cadean329@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Hello Tom,In June 2016 I bought brake shoes and wheel cylinders from this site. Everything works well although I had to alter the wheel cylinders a little to get them to fit.
I tried to order more parts in the winter of '16 but got no response. PayPal refunded my money. Others had the same problem. I heard this was due to an illness, as this is a one person operation, and is supposed to be up and running again.The new website is something recent, so I would give it a try. Use PayPal... You can always get a refund.Hope this helps, 

Chuck  (mobile)Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
Our 1961 Vespa 400
On May 7, 2019, at 8:14 PM, THOMAS J ALLEN tjmallen@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

obleck1

Post by obleck1 »

Hello everyone,
Here's the story, straight from the source.
My name is Olaf, I took over Honda600CarParts from Bruce about 10 months ago.  Bruce had been extremely ill for a while, hence why the business was essentially closed since mid-2016.  He had recovered somewhat and thus was able to help me resurrect it for the most part.  He passed away though in late 2018 and with him went some of his knowledge.  I am still working on filling some holes unfortunately.  He was a pretty clever guy and almost all the parts we offer he sourced one way or another with those skills.
Our products almost all come from unique sources, generally in these categories:- N.O.S.(new old stock): we troll the the internet for certain parts and keep a stock of them.- Batch manufacturing by 3rd parties: for parts that have significant demand (brake pads for instance), we have them made by auto part manufacturers.  This requires a substantial commitment for minimum order quantities.- Custom small batch manufacturing.- In house manufacturing, including modifying off the shelf components for other vehicles.- restoration services, in house and sent out.
We've shipped close to 2000 parts in the past 10 months, and while it's a small and not perfect operation, we have only had 2-3 returns of parts that had some defects, which we of course replaced.  Occasionally there are fitment issues we run into, and it appears that these cars rarely but sometimes have some undocumented differences.  We do refund uninstalled parts, and of course anything with manufacturing defects.
We also just launched a new/modern web store, which is called honda600store.com.  The old store, honda60carparts.com, is still there and open, and it also gives you links to the new store.  In a few weeks after we finish "beta testing", everything will point to the new store.  We will also be expanding listings to ebay and perhaps amazon.
In any case, we appreciate your patronage and if you shop in the new store and encounter any difficulties, or if you have any inquiries in general, please let us know via email at:
  honda600carparts@...
Rick McClure

Post by Rick McClure »

Sorry to hear about Bruce. He contributed a lot to our little car world. Great to see the store up and running.  Rick. 

Sent from my iPhone
On May 8, 2019, at 3:33 PM, obleck@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Hello everyone,
My name is Olaf, I took over Honda600CarParts from Bruce about 10 months ago.  Bruce had been extremely ill for a while, hence why the business was essentially closed since mid-2016.  He had recovered somewhat and thus was able to help me resurrect it for the most part.  He passed away though in late 2018 and with him went some of his knowledge.  I am still working on filling some holes unfortunately.  He was a pretty clever guy and almost all the parts we offer he sourced one way or another with those skills.
Our products almost all come from unique sources, generally in these categories:- N.O.S.(new old stock): we troll the the internet for certain parts and keep a stock of them.- Batch manufacturing by 3rd parties: for parts that have significant demand (brake pads for instance), we have them made by auto part manufacturers.  This requires a substantial commitment for minimum order quantities.- Custom small batch manufacturing.- In house manufacturing, including modifying off the shelf components for other vehicles.- restoration services, in house and sent out.
We've shipped close to 2000 parts in the past 10 months, and while it's a small and not perfect operation, we have only had 2-3 returns of parts that had some defects, which we of course replaced.  Occasionally there are fitment issues we run into, and it appears that these cars rarely but sometimes have some undocumented differences.  We do refund uninstalled parts, and of course anything with manufacturing defects.
We also just launched a new/modern web store, which is called honda600store.com.  The old store, honda60carparts.com, is still there and open, and it also gives you links to the new store.  In a few weeks after we finish "beta testing", everything will point to the new store.  We will also be expanding listings to ebay and perhaps amazon.
In any case, we appreciate your patronage and if you shop in the new store and encounter any difficulties, or if you have any inquiries in general, please let us know via email at:
  honda600carparts@...
james brown

Post by james brown »

Ordered from Olaf before and everything went smoothly.
On Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 04:57:22 PM EDT, Rick McClure rickm@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Sorry to hear about Bruce. He contributed a lot to our little car world. Great to see the store up and running.  Rick. 

Sent from my iPhone
On May 8, 2019, at 3:33 PM, obleck@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Hello everyone,
We also just launched a new/modern web store, which is called honda600store.com.  The old store, honda60carparts.com, is still there and open, and it also gives you ! links to the new store.  In a few weeks after we finish "beta testing", everything will point to the new store.  We will also be expanding listings to ebay and perhaps amazon.
  honda600carparts@...

#ygrps-yiv-2109740665
obleck1

Post by obleck1 »

I should add that Bruce was no saint and certainly left a few bitter relationships behind.  But I don't see any point in disparaging him, and it is unquestionably in the past. Short of that, he was fun and interesting guy, a "character" for sure.  May he rest in peace.
art Remai

Post by art Remai »

He was a good guy that helped me out when it was a bit of an urgency. What ever happened to his little yellow n600?

Sent from my iPhone
On May 9, 2019, at 5:56 PM, obleck@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

I should add that Bruce was no saint and certainly left a few bitter relationships behind.  But I don't see any point in disparaging him, and it is unquestionably in the past. Short of that, he was fun and interesting guy, a "character" for sure.  May he rest in peace.