Re: AZ600 Coupe Windshield Installation Help

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

rstevens19

AZ600 Coupe Windshield Installation Help

Post by rstevens19 »

Well everyone, I am ready to put my windshield back in my Coupe and I seem to either have a problem or a lack of patience. I have a new gasket I got from Miles and I have looked at several online instructions for installation and I can't seem to make it work. Some instructions say put the gasket on the windshield first and then mount on car with the 'cord' method. Others say put the gasket on the car and then use installation tools to pry glass into gasket followed by the chrome trim. I have gotten nowhere with either as the gasket seems to be a living squirming snake that cannot handle the corners on the body or the glass. Anyone's experience with this job would be very helpful. Thanks, Richard
rstevens19

Post by rstevens19 »

Well, my wife and I got it in today! Took three tries, but it is done! My thanks to Mike O'Connor for his advice. Looks great, now on to installing the dashboard.
feltonminicycle

Post by feltonminicycle »

What did Mike say to do? I don't see any comments from him. I have installed about 20 with just a nylon 3/16" rope & windex, alone even sometimes. On the last one I bought the chrome installer tool which works great actually.
Miles
Paige Hunt

Post by Paige Hunt »

We don't call you Mr. Awesome for no reason. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 1:16 pm, z600miles@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:  
What did Mike say to do? I don't see any comments from him. I have installed about 20 with just a nylon 3/16" rope & windex, alone even sometimes. On the last one I bought the chrome installer tool which works great actually.
Miles

#ygrps-yiv-1693501444
rstevens19

Post by rstevens19 »

Mike's advice was that the gasket must go on the glass first and then install using the cord method. My problem was keeping the gasket on the glass while installing.  I ended up using packaging tape to hold the gasket to the glass, not easy when you must keep the installation interface clear.  Also, the soapy water and packaging tape don't mix.  So I applied soapy water only to the body flange and installed with a length of 0.095 trimmer string. With my wife pushing from outside, pulling the cord evenly(both sides) it went right in.