Re: Rear engine mount

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

Kevin Gailey

Rear engine mount

Post by Kevin Gailey »

Does anyone know if you have drop the engine and k member to change?

Thx, Kevin Gailey
72 Z

Sent from my iPhone
Alan Stanyon

Post by Alan Stanyon »

It's fiddly but can be done, take the weight of the car body on jacks or stand's,  loosening the rear sub-frame bolts  and packing the frame away from the body whilst supporting the engine give's a little more "wiggle" room.

From: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Kevin Gailey krgailey@... [2cylinderhondas]
Sent: 17 August 2017 03:25
To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [2cylinderhondas] Rear engine mount

Thx, Kevin Gailey
72 Z

Sent from my iPhone
Kevin Gailey

Post by Kevin Gailey »

Thx a lot Alan!

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 16, 2017, at 8:46 PM, Alan Stanyon alanstanyon@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

It's fiddly but can be done, take the weight of the car body on jacks or stand's,  loosening the rear sub-frame bolts  and packing the frame away from the body whilst supporting the engine give's a little more "wiggle" room.

From: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Kevin Gailey krgailey@... [2cylinderhondas]

Thx, Kevin Gailey
72 Z

Sent from my iPhone
dm600z

Post by dm600z »

One of the things which will determine how much trouble you will encounter is the direction of the 4 bolts holding the mount to the engine casing.  If the nuts are at the bottom,  you will need enough clearance to remove the bolts from the top.  If the nuts are at the top,  you are going to have a tough time.  Portions of the exhaust are going to need to be disconnected.  You will need to loosen the front 2 subframe bolts and remove the rear 2 botls.  You will need to monitor the speedo cable, starter wiring,  fuel line to carb, and distributor wiring.   good luck, Dale   In a message dated 8/16/2017 8:46:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com writes:

Thx, Kevin Gailey
72 Z

Sent from my iPhone