Re: Oil filters

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

lbickel54

Post by lbickel54 »

I would take one.    thanks. Linda     From: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 8:14 PM To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [2cylinderhondas] Re: Oil filters    
Just ordered 40 genuine filter from Japan. Figure 60-90 days. $13.45ea plus postage from Los Angeles. Interested?  Don

Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 7, 2017, at 3:03 PM, rstevens19@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:
  Sorry, photos for the filter alternative are in a photo album separate from the text.

Image Virus-free. www.avg.com
mikew

Post by mikew »

Put me down for two!

Mike W
XM381.com

on behalf of "Don B Laughton dontranspac@... [2cylinderhondas]"
Reply-To: "2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com"
Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 10:14 PM
To: "2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com"
Subject: Re: [2cylinderhondas] Re: Oil filters

Just ordered 40 genuine filter from Japan. Figure 60-90 days. $13.45ea plus postage from Los Angeles. Interested?  Don

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry, photos for the filter alternative are in a photo album separate from the text.
Kevin Gailey

Post by Kevin Gailey »

Thanks Chuck, that's awesome news!
Kevin Gailey

Sent from my iPhone
On May 22, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Don B Laughton dontranspac@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

As I remember, the CB750 dose not work in the "N".  The "N" filter was used in the early days of power steering to filter the fluid on Accords and Civics.  (Did anyone ever replace the PS fluid filter?)  If this filter has been discontinued by American "H", I would be happy to order some from Japan... but be aware, the filters are not cheap in Japan.

On Monday, May 22, 2017 11:24 AM, "Chuck Dean cadean329@... [2cylinderhondas]" wrote:

When I look at the original Honda oil filter I have, it's suspiciously looks exactly like the old filters are used on my Honda CB 750 K motorcycle. I have ordered a filter for a CB 750 K, and we'll see if it is dimensionally the same. If it is I will report back.

I called Fram corporation, but they could not give me a part number or equivalent part number that would fit a Honda easy 600 or eight and 600.
When I did a Google search for Honda easy 600 oil filter, I got a picture of a high flow HF401 oil filter, which looks exactly the same as a Honda filter including the O-rings.. I have also ordered one of these.I am determined to find a replacement oil filter!
Chuck (mobile)Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

On May 20, 2017, at 5:55 AM, rstevens19@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Kevin,   Don t know how many miles you are planning to put on your 600, but the manual says change filter every 6000 miles.  That said, if you only need one or two, you may want to pay the piper to be sure to take care of your baby. I would think a $20 $30 investment is small. Then there is my story. Back in 1972 when I got my first AZ600, the nearest Honda car dealer was about 50 miles away and since I drove the car for 6 years and put over 95,000 miles on it, I went through more than a few filters. Working in the motorcycle industry back then, I found a Honda motorcycle filter that would do the job. I cannot remember the filter number so I have attempted to locate the same. However, I HAVE NOT confirmed fitment to my current AZ600. The filter Fram CH6007 (with O rings) or CH6008 (w/o O rings) MIGHT be suitable. I have compared the dimensions with a 06154-551-505 Honda filter (both in hand) and they are very similar but not exact. Overall it is pretty close except for the filter bolt seal height on the top. The Fram filter has a depressed interface, where the Honda filter has a simple sealing washer lip. The position of this top seal is critical for proper oil flow through the filter and bypass valve function.  I plan to do a dimensional check of these interfaces in the near future. There are many companies marketing this filter (see Fram website for Competitor numbers) and I have found them online for under $2 and they are readily available at auto parts stores, Amazon and Walmart in the $5 - $10 range.   Cautiously, I offer this information, Richard   From: Kevin Gailey krgailey@... [2cylinderhondas] Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 1:55 AM To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com Subject: [2cylinderhondas] Oil filters     Anybody come up with an oil filter solution? A substitute or cheaper than hoarders charging a fortune?

Thx All, Kevin Gailey

Sent from my iPhone
ImageVirus-free. www.avast.com
pat.eagan

Post by pat.eagan »

I am also interested in 2 filters.

Thanks,
Pat Eagan
Jack Starkey

Post by Jack Starkey »

I would like to reserve 4 please. Thank you 

Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 7, 2017, at 10:14 PM, Don B Laughton dontranspac@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Just ordered 40 genuine filter from Japan. Figure 60-90 days. $13.45ea plus postage from Los Angeles. Interested?  Don

Sent from my iPhone

Robert James

Post by Robert James »

I have 4 or 5 filters which I got a couple of years ago from a honda dealer which I don't need since I have installed an oil cooler which uses a readily available filter.
Miles Chappell

Post by Miles Chappell »

The correct way for each of you wanting filters would be to email Don Laughton Directly --  dontranspac@...  With:   Your Name, Email & Phone Number & Qty Desired so he doesn't have to cruise back through all these responses to find who wants how many.     Miles        Wed Jun 7, 2017 8:17 pm (PDT) . Posted by: dontranspac@...?subject=Re%3A%20Oil%20filters Just ordered 40 genuine filter from Japan. Figure 60-90 days. $13.45ea plus postage from Los Angeles. Interested? Don