Re: Does Honda have vehicle Registar for exact year of maunfacture.

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

verylucky134some

Does Honda have vehicle Registar for exact year of maunfacture.

Post by verylucky134some »

Im just wondering if Honda have a Vehicle  ID on line by chassis number to identify the exact year of manufacture?  Cheers Wayne.  
Miles Chappell #10321

Post by Miles Chappell #10321 »

The serial number on the car does not have a code built in designating the year of manufacture like modern cars.   The parts catalog has the years from serial number to serial number to specify years/models which take what parts.   Curiously there are letters affixed to the titles which are not stamped on the car. After the serial number a letter B or on my most recent purchase AN600-101xxxxC usually designating a suffix "B" meaning the car was sold in 1973 even though it was manufactured in 1972.   I know that's not what the question was.   Miles    
wayne roberts

Post by wayne roberts »

Thanks Miles  :) so in this case LN360-117XXX means what.... its a 1967 model ? and then there is  101044XX stamped not to far away in the engine bay? any ideas on that number as well ? Wayne

From: "'Miles Chappell #10321' z600miles@... [2cylinderhondas]"
To: 2cylhondagroup
Sent: Wednesday, 21 September 2016 8:39 PM
Subject: [2cylinderhondas] Re: Does Honda have vehicle Registar for exact year of maunfacture.

The serial number on the car does not have a code built in designating the year of manufacture like modern cars.   The parts catalog has the years from serial number to serial number to specify years/models which take what parts.   Curiously there are letters affixed to the titles which are not stamped on the car. After the serial number a letter B or on my most recent purchase AN600-101xxxxC usually designating a suffix "B" meaning the car was sold in 1973 even though it was manufactured in 1972.   I know that's not what the question was.   Miles     #ygrps-yiv-697606991
Chuck Dean

Post by Chuck Dean »

On my 600 Z, there is a tag on the B pillar in the driver side door jam which has the date of manufacture on it.

Chuck (mobile)Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
On Sep 21, 2016, at 3:04 AM, wayne roberts verylucky134some@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Thanks Miles  :) so in this case LN360-117XXX means what.... its a 1967 model ? and then there is  101044XX stamped not to far away in the engine bay? any ideas on that number as well ? Wayne

From: "'Miles Chappell #10321' z600miles@... [2cylinderhondas]"
To: 2cylhondagroup
Sent: Wednesday, 21 September 2016 8:39 PM
Subject: [2cylinderhondas] Re: Does Honda have vehicle Registar for exact year of maunfacture.

The serial number on the car does not have a code built in designating the year of manufacture like modern cars.   The parts catalog has the years from serial number to serial number to specify years/models which take what parts.   Curiously there are letters affixed to the titles which are not stamped on the car. After the serial number a letter B or on my most recent purchase AN600-101xxxxC usually designating a suffix "B" meaning the car was sold in 1973 even though it was manufactured in 1972.   I know that's not what the question was.   Miles    
feltonminicycle

Post by feltonminicycle »

You are on your own for N & LN & TN & AA Cars
Chuck Dean

Post by Chuck Dean »

I'm not sure if it applies to the cars, but back in the early 70s Honda motorcycles got into a big stink with the US government because they were selling leftover motorcycles in the next year as if they were new. After this happened the date of manufacture was printed very hugely on the headstock of every motorcycle.
Chuck (mobile)Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
On Sep 21, 2016, at 12:18 PM, z600miles@... [2cylinderhondas] wrote:

Bill

Post by Bill »

Miles is correct as far as I can tell.  But, imagine a car manufacturer having a long line of cars being assembled quickly proceeding toward the finish line and three people matching different engines for different vehicles going to different countries.  And, after amassing hundreds of Honda 600’s from all over the world come to the conclusion that N600 and Z600 cars are a single run over 3+ years.  The chassis numbers are sequential, however because of the different rules for imports to different countries, engines are matched with these (sequential numbered vehicles) out of order.  So the engine numbers give the true number of vehicles built for any country not the chassis numbers.  And because all Honda 600’s coming to the USA have a date of manufacture (really the month) we have a good idea of what was made when and about how many.  Then comes the capability for any dealership to install any motor at the dealership (new or used) and stamp a new tag with the correct chassis (VIN) with the new engine number.  Yes, blank tags were available.  But they were good about keeping the right transmission with the car.  This didn’t happen often because the cars were literally throw-away cars.

Bill       From: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com [mailto: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com ]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:18 PM
To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [2cylinderhondas] Re: Does Honda have vehicle Registar for exact year of maunfacture.    
wayne roberts

Post by wayne roberts »

Thanks for this :)

To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 22 September 2016 7:18 AM
Subject: Re: [2cylinderhondas] Re: Does Honda have vehicle Registar for exact year of maunfacture.

You are on your own for N & LN & TN & AA Cars #ygrps-yiv-1914916952