Re: 72 z600 coupe for sale

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

grysmom

72 z600 coupe for sale

Post by grysmom »

I am posting this for my father.  He has a 72 z600 coupe that he is wanting to sell.  He is in Illinois.  He picked it up off of a guy that had it setting in his yard for years.  Dad rebuilt the engine, new gaskets (I am not a car person so trying to relay all he told me!)  He got a rebuilt carb. from one of you guys, maybe Miles?  It has 4 brand new tires, a new muffler, new battery and new timing chain.  It has 35,000 original miles on it and is now driveable.  He was getting ready to do the restoration on the interior and exterior but decided he is too old to finish it (84 is the new 65 right?)  He has not done any welding or anything like that on it.  What you see are the original bumpers and such.  He would like $3500 for it.  I am putting photos in the photo file under 72 z600 for sale.
grysmom

Post by grysmom »

OH, he has the front seat out of it because he was going to have them recovered and I told him to wait if he is going to sell it.  Buyers might want to do it themselves.  So he has the seat LOL  it is NOT gutted!
feltonminicycle

Post by feltonminicycle »

Buyers would love it if you told them what City in Illinois, and possibly your real name and how to contact you or your father directly otherwise messages fill up the group page. More info on what parts he rebuilt the engine with, receipts?  Thanks -

Miles
grysmom

Post by grysmom »

Miles, My father's name is Ray Smith.  He is in Pekin Illinois.  I can give his phone number to anyone who wants to talk to him seriously about it, my email is grysmom @....  He special ordered the tires.  He got most of the parts from Miles or Bill Coleford or Mike O'Connor.  I did some asking on here and put him in contact with you guys, who put him in contact with other members of the z600 underground to get parts. haha  He can tell you every gasket, brake line, bolt and screw that he has replaced.  He has been back and forth for a year trying to decide if he is selling it or not, because he wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate the uniqueness of it, not just some kid that would make a beater out of it. So I told him I would put it on here for people who actually know what it is.
Thanks for asking
Jeannie Grys