Re: engine rebuild rookies

Legacy yahoo archive through 2019. Please don't post new topics here.

Moderator: forumadmin

tjmallen

engine rebuild rookies

Post by tjmallen »

Hey All,We are in the process of our first engine rebuild and are looking for some direction as to what's essential to have the best running engine when we are done.  We've got it completely in pieces and want to replace the essentials since it's apart. Are there any essentials that need to be replaced no matter their conditions i.e. intake/exhaust valve/springs, pistons/rings etc?  We have all the seals. Thanks in advance!
Tom AllenAidan Allen
chasgould

Post by chasgould »

Definitely replace all rubber/composition cam chain rollers, sprockets, slipper guide and tensioner. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone-------- Original message --------From: "tjmallen@... [2cylinderhondas]" Date: 1/24/2016 3:26 PM (GMT-05:00) To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com Subject: [2cylinderhondas] engine rebuild rookies

Hey All,We are in the process of our first engine rebuild and are looking for some direction as to what's essential to have the best running engine when we are done.  We've got it completely in pieces and want to replace the essentials since it's apart. Are there any essentials that need to be replaced no matter their conditions i.e. intake/exhaust valve/springs, pistons/rings etc?  We have all the seals. Thanks in advance!
Tom AllenAidan Allen
mikew

Post by mikew »

Do replacements for these parts actually exist?

If so, where?

Mike W

chasgould@... [2cylinderhondas]"
Reply-To: "2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com"
Date: Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 3:10 PM
To: "tjmallen@... [2cylinderhondas]"
Subject: RE: [2cylinderhondas] engine rebuild rookies

Definitely replace all rubber/composition cam chain rollers, sprockets, slipper guide and tensioner. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------

Date: 1/24/2016 3:26 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [2cylinderhondas] engine rebuild rookies

Hey All,
We are in the process of our first engine rebuild and are looking for some direction as to what's essential to have the best running engine when we are done.  We've got it completely in pieces and want to replace the essentials since
it's apart. Are there any essentials that need to be replaced no matter their conditions i.e. intake/exhaust valve/springs, pistons/rings etc?  We have all the seals. Thanks in advance!

Tom Allen
Aidan Allen
Bill

Post by Bill »

Check with Mike O'Conner  TMOC1990@...    
From: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [2cylinderhondas] engine rebuild rookies

If so, where?
Mike W
From: on behalf of "chasgould chasgould@... [2cylinderhondas]"

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone -------- Original message -------- From: "tjmallen@... [2cylinderhondas]" Date: 1/24/2016 3:26 PM (GMT-05:00) To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com Subject: [2cylinderhondas] engine rebuild rookies

Hey All, We are in the process of our first engine rebuild and are looking for some direction as to what's essential to have the best running engine when we are done.  We've got it completely in pieces and want to replace the essentials since it's apart. Are there any essentials that need to be replaced no matter their conditions i.e. intake/exhaust valve/springs, pistons/rings etc?  We have all the seals. Thanks in advance!
Tom Allen Aidan Allen
tjmallen

Post by tjmallen »

Thanks guys...I've had some problems finding the rubber/plastic tension rollers as well.  Found a guy on ebay who was having some made but haven't heard from him in a while

Tom and Aidan

Check with Mike O'Conner  TMOC1990@...    
From: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [2cylinderhondas] engine rebuild rookies

If so, where?
Mike W
From: on behalf of "chasgould chasgould@... [2cylinderhondas]"

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone -------- Original message -------- From: "tjmallen@... [2cylinderhondas]" Date: 1/24/2016 3:26 PM (GMT-05:00) To: 2cylinderhondas@yahoogroups.com Subject: [2cylinderhondas] engine rebuild rookies

Hey All, We are in the process of our first engine rebuild and are looking for some direction as to what's essential to have the best running engine when we are done.  We've got it completely in pieces and want to replace the essentials since it's apart. Are there any essentials that need to be replaced no matter their conditions i.e. intake/exhaust valve/springs, pistons/rings etc?  We have all the seals. Thanks in advance!
Tom Allen Aidan Allen